If you’re stuck in a rut… same sex, different day… what do you do? While some couples may find wild and crazy things to introduce in the bedroom every chance they can, others have a difficult time convincing their mate that there’s more than one way to accomplish things.
So what can you do? If you’re in the first category, WOO HOO! I do have a few suggestions for those who fit the second category.
– Write sexy love notes describing fun things you’d like to try (one at a time, you don’t want to scare them… too much). Put them in your partner’s purse, briefcase, on their pillow with a rose, wrapped in a little box, etc.
– Wine them, dine them, tease them all through dinner, and mention you’d like to try something fun you read about. If they seem intrigued, try it! If not, work up to it in smaller steps.
– Blindfolds and romantic food (strawberries, whipped cream, honey, chocolate syrup, etc.) can have wondrous effects on a lagging love life.
– Candlelight, warm and scented baths, massages… these can also help break the ice when introducing new ideas or bed play.
– Read an erotic book in bed to your partner, or even just the exciting parts that you’d love to play out. Pretend you’re a character in a book and seduce the one you’re after!
– Laughter! It eases the body, the mind, and maybe the inhibitions in some cases. Make it a joke, introduce something fun, and enjoy the rewards.
– Dare them! In my upcoming erotic contemporary romance Sinful Temptations (Resplendence Publishing – 01/20/09), my heroine is dared by her childhood friend into calling a phone sex line they see advertised on tv. Little does she know, she’ll meet the love of her life, and end up fighting for both of their lives when someone from the past intervenes. Who knows, the old ‘dare you!’ could work for you, too.
And even if you’re mate declines, keep hope that one of your other suggestions/dares/requests will be accepted and celebrated with enthusiasm.
Keep up the good work and put a little spice in your life!